Thursday, April 16, 2009

Evidence FAIL

Posted at CARM on April 16th, 2009. Creationist: Dr.K

Suggestion:
Well I am afraid that court is out and has been for a very long time as it is universally accepted by the experts that it is indeed 4.6 billion years old, you just are incapable of understanding that we have presented the evidence and you have none.

Dr. K's response:
I understand that it is accepted. Every book I consulted, with the obvious exception of the Bible, says that it is 4.6 billion years old. Let's just say I'd like to hear it again. With my own ears. I believe it's dangerous to 'just believe' something. That would be the same as letting other people do my thinking for me.

So...out of say 1,000 books, only 1 book refutes it (even though it really doesn't), and you say "well, I need to hear it more"....haven't you already heard more?

-Erin

2 comments:

  1. "I believe it's dangerous to 'just believe' something."

    Isn't that what most religions ask you to do? So in essence, you are saying that the creationist theory is dangerous as well, Dr. K?

    I might 'just believe' that you need to be hit by a train. Crap, now I'm dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look out! If you just believe something...you're dangerous!

    Like talking snakes, walking on water, and global floods. Oh...and all animals fitting onto a boat and living around Noah's house. :)

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete