Friday, April 10, 2009

Avian FAIL!

Posted on CARM on March 3rd, 2009. SDA Creationist: Nate

Comment (made by myself, Mountaineer_elf):
Birds are a form of modern dinosaur, and Archaeopteryx was a bird, so is included in the maniraptora clade.

And no, my claim is supported by the evidence or I (and many other scientists the world over) wouldn't have made it. No other claim is supported by the evidence.

If you're purely going for "well, the Archaeopteryx didn't jump out of the rock and say 'I'm a dinosaur!' so I suppose we'll ignore it until it's 100% fact."

Well, is 99% close enough? Because we'll never be 100%, and it's impossible to think we will be. But no evidence found points in the opposite direction.

Nate's answer:
You do know a bird is a mammal? And that a dinosaur is a reptile?

*headdesk* *facepalm* and any others I may be missing. Oh...and LOL!

-Erin

2 comments:

  1. I think I broke my brain... so by hi reasoning great white sharks would also be mammals... being warm blooded..

    The crazy is all around!

    Best,

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Anything warm blooded, that makes you a mammal. lol

    I nearly fell off my chair laughing when I read that post. The comments after it were great too.

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete