Saturday, April 11, 2009

Clade FAIL

Posted at CARM on April 11th, 2009. Creationist: Dr. K

Questions:
Ok, lets try something a little different here. Every clade has its own unique traits. Which clade would you place humans in?

Are we most like Cetations?
How about Bovids?.
What about Canids?
Or are we most like Hominids?

Dr.K's answer:
Cetation - not sure. I think shellfish.

Bovids - cows

Canids - dogs

Hominids - Problem here is I know what you want me to say, but I won't say it because I don't believe it. What you want to say is that because apes and monkeys look like humans, then they must be of the same family.
I don't believe it, and I won't say it.

The problem here is that ordinarily you are using a term - hominid - which would describe man, at least from an etymological point of view, but you are including apes. Why was an ape's name not applied to describe a man? Why is it the other way around? Why is a wolf (Lupid) not included in Canid? Why use two different terms for wolves and dogs, and use only one term for man and ape?

I bolded. Cetaceans are clams? Not whales, dolphins, porpoises?

-Erin

1 comment:

  1. There is SOOOO many things wrong with that last statement I wouldn't know were to begin! The stupid!

    You know he almost sound intelligent until he mentions what he believes. Fact are facts regardless of beliefs. Oy.

    Best,

    Brett

    ReplyDelete